YOU DON’T HAVE TO MAKE BIG CHANGES TO MAKE A BIG IMPACT.
Whether you are a full time student, are working a job full time, or both, here are a few ways that you can reduce waste in your daily routine in order to do your part to help the environment!
1. Keep a small bin for recycling paper and other items at an arm's reach from your desk
2. Reuse things such as binders and folders from other projects. This saves money and resources as well!
3. Bring your own cup to the coffee shop.
4. Switch to reusable K-cup pods instead of the premade single use when at home. You can buy these reusable pods and save massive amounts of plastic each year, especially if you drink more than one cup of coffee per day. They’re super cheap and easy to find at your local Walmart, Publix, Target and even online stores such as the Keurig website itself.
5. Use reusable silverware and containers for your lunch, especially if you are bringing your lunch to work. Bamboo silverware is cheap and sturdy.
6. Bring a reusable water bottle to class/work.
7. Choose Double-sided printing whenever possible and also Email important documents instead of printing them out first.
8. Avoid individually packaged snacks whenever possible. Instead you can buy from things in bulk and prepare your own snacks in reusable containers. You can also use Bee Wrap to wrap up snacks that you didn't finish.
Save the World While Getting Big! All you have to do is follow these small tips. Simple, affordable, good for you, and good for the planet. These 5 things to